Welcome to the world of INCA!
INCA is a general-purpose multi-physics Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solver for high fidelity
Direct Numerical Simulation (DNS) and Large Eddy Simulation (LES):
Multi Physics and Weird Materials
- Compressible and incompressible flows.
- Single and multi-phase systems with multiple species.
- Idealized or realistic fluid properties with complex equations of state.
- Chemical reactions (combustion, e.g.) and phase change (cavitation, e.g.)
Adaptive Grids for Complex Geometries
- Adaptive Cartesian grids with (dynamic or static) local refinement.
- Flow geometry from CAD software, built-in semi automatic grid generator.
- Stationary or moving flow boundaries are represented by cut-cell methods.
- Moving frame of reference (translation and rotation)
- Implicit LES := physical, mathematical and numerical modeling in a unified framework.
- ALDM: Discretization parameters are optimized to match spectral eddy viscosity of turbulence theory.
- Wall models facilitate LES of high Reynolds number engineering flows.
High Performance Numerics
- Massively parallel (MPI and OpenMP), high performance computing on thousands of processors.
- 11 parallelized solvers for linear(ized) problems, 12 time-integration schemes, >60 discretization methods for hyperbolic equations, etc.